It is told that a similar game was first played in Robstown, It is told that a similar game was first played in Robstown, Texas in the early 1900s.
Texas Hold’em poker gained popularity in the World Series of Poker, and first started in Horseshoe Casino at Las Vegas, Nevada in the 1970s.
- Choose a dealer button from the players according to the house rules, and post small / big blind.
- The dealer deals 2 cards to each player, and start the first betting round. This stage is called Pre-Flop.
- After the dealer burns one card, they open 3 community cards to proceed with Flop stage. Action begins from the player right after the Button.
- After the dealer burns one card, they open 1 community card to proceed with Turn stage. The game progress is the same as the Flop stage.
- After the dealer burns one card, they open 1 community card to proceed with River stage. The game progress is the same as the Flop stage.
- After the player’s last action is finished, the player with the highest hand will take the bet amount, and at this time the dealer deducts 5% commission.
- At Kangwon Land, we do not use ‘BUY THE BUTTON’.
- Players have the obligation to protect their hands. (Players can place their hand or chips above their cards to protect them)
- Only minimum and maximum unit chips will be accepted for All-in betting (Unit Bet concept).
- Action with chips of high value with the player’s comment is regarded as raise.
- All the player’s comments are considered as action and take precedence over other actions.
- All players must finish their game with only their chips on the table.
- Seeing the cards of other players or showing their cards to others on purpose is prohibited.
- All players may only use Korean and English during the game.
- Players may not exchange information regarding hands.
- Players must always make clear expressions, and place their bets with only one action.
- Player’s comments on the game results have no effect, and the winner is decided with only cards.
- All the decisions related to game progress and rules are made by the administrator.
|Buy-in 100,000~1,000,000||Limit 5,000~10,000|
|Small / Big blind||2,000 / 5,000|
|Pre-Flop / Flop Bet||5,000|
Rank of Hands
|Royal Flush||Straight Flush||Four of a Kind|
|Ace, King, Queen, Jack, 10 of the same suit||Five cards in a sequence, all in the same suit||All 4 cards with the same number|
|3 cards of the same number and another 2 cards with another same number||5 cards of the same suit (regarless of number)||5 cards in a sequence (regardless of suit)|
|Three of a kind||Two Pair||One Pair|
|3 cards of the same number||2 different pairings of the same number||2 cards of the same number|
|If not corresponding to any of the above, the winner is decided by the highest numbered card, and it is also used to decided the winner between the same rank|
|Small blind||It refers to a certain amount that the player has to randomly post before a game begins, and half of minimum.|
Clockwise from the dealer button, right next to the dealer
|Big blind||It refers to a certain amount that the player has to randomly post before a game begins, and twice assmall blind. Clockwise from small blind right next to small blind|
|Check||Expression to just pass without betting|
|Call||Expression to follow just the amount placed on bet|
|Raise||Expression to place additional bet exactly the same amount as the opponent’s betting|
|Re-Raise||Raising again to the opponent’s raise|
|Check-Raise||In the one betting round, when the player checks initially, and then raising to the opponent’s betting|
|Fold||Expression to give up the current game|
|Muck||Where you place the folded card during the game|
|Pot||A place where all the chips placed on bet by all players are gathered|
|All in||An action to bet all chips that the player has. In the limit game, it refers to the condition where there is no more chips to bet |
(previous bettings are all valid)
|Pre-Flop||A stage where the betting is made with just 2 cards that the dealer has dealt to the players|
|Flop||A stage that is connected, in which the dealer opens another 3 cards on the table|
|Turn||It is a stage next to flop, in which the dealer additionally opens another card|
|River||A stage in which the last card is opened and the players’ last bets are being made|
|Buy-in||An action to purchase chips necessary to participate in the game|
|Hole card||The 2 cards that the players have|
|Community Card||The 2 cards that the players have|
|Split||A case of dividing the pot as 2 or more players have the same hands|
|Burn||Dropping 1 card before opening Flop, Turn, and River cards|
|Cap||Filling the maximum betting limie for the betting round by making the last raise|
|Pitching||Drawing cards to the players in the location good for squeezing|
|Action||All the actions that are being made during the game such as fold, raise, call, and check|
|Show Down||After the last betting round is over, all the remaining players open the cards to decide the winner|